Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lightsabers

Lightsabers are the pinnacle of intergalactic space weaponry. The idea of being able to wield a laser-sword on a stick that could cut through physically anything, that was retractable made all of our eyebrows raise. That hum that the blade emits is like music to our ears. A lot of people don't know but In 2007, in honor of the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, the lightsaber prop used by actor Mark Hamill (Luke) was flown aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery mission STS-120 to the International Space Station and returned to Earth. Lightsabers made Jedis what they are, feared, and a power not to be messed with. I want you all to go to this website. I consider myself a big Star Wars Fan, but reading this site shows me that I am far from it. There are lightsabers, lightclubs, lighwhips, and fiber cord linked lightsabers (which resemble nunchucks). Below is the anatomy of a lightsaber, and I think that this shows how big of an impact the lighsaber made on Sci-Fi today. Someone out there, please make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment